The Radiation Oncology unit at the hospital has a state-of-the-art Three Dimensional Conformal Radiotherapy (3D-CRT) system including Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT).
The department is equipped with state-of-the-art equipment which includes
- Megavoltage Dual Photon and multiple electron high energy linear accelerator (X-ray energy 6 & 15 MV and Electron energy 4,6,9,12,16 & 20 MeV) incorporating Asymmetric jaws, multileaf collimator, micromultileaf collimator and portal vision facility.
- Simulator with CT scan facility.
- Brachytherapy equipment using remote afterload high dose rate facility (Ir- 192 isotope).
- Computerized 3-D radiation beam planning both for tele-radiation and brachytherapy.
- Networking of all equipment and diagnostic Spiral-CT scan machines.
- Inverse Planning IMRT software.