This department deals diseases of the Endocrine Glands viz. Thyroid, Parathyroid, Pituitary, Gonads (Testes, Ovaries), Adrenals.
Hormonal Disorders covered include Diabetes Mellitus, Disorders of Thyroid Functions, Obesity, Failure to Grow, Hirsutism (excessive facial and body hair in females) Menstrual Disorders and Metabolic Bone Disorders.
Diagnosis and treatment of endocrine gland related disorders such as
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Hypothyroidism / Hyperthyroidism
- Growth disorders (short stature)
- Excessive Facial and Body Hair
- Osteoporosis and related Metabolic Bone Disease
- Disturbances in Calcium Metabolism
- Certain Menstrual Disorders and Obesity
- Secondary hypertension (Pheochromocytoma, Hyperaldosteronism)
- Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia (Men - tumor growth in more than one endocrine gland)
Special emphasis is placed on management of pubertal and adolescent hormonal problems.
Keen interest on management of Diabetes Mellitus in young