- The Founder
- The Inspiration
- Hinduja Through the Ages
- Our Guiding Principles
- Board of Management
- Super Achievers
Dr. Rajaram Amrut Bhalerao
Advisor to Trustees on Strategy & Medical Planning
We take pride in our time tested tradition of bringing the best of international patient care practices home...FIRST
Experience Enriches Knowledge
- Over 3 million out patients treated successfully
- 175 thousand In-patients treated for high-end tertiary care
- Executives have undergone preventive health checks
- Over a 1.0 million surgeries & scopies performed
- Over 1.0 million radiological investigations performed
- Over 7.5 million laboratory investigations to date
Pioneer in Application of Technology
P. D. Hinduja Hospital was the first in India to acquire.....
- The Twin Speed MRI, a revolutionary technology in neurovascular and cardiology imaging.
- The Gamma Camera / PET Scan redefines treatment in cancer management, orthopaedics, neurology and cardiology.
- Gamma Knife, a gold standard in radio surgery, a non invasive surgical tool (first such unit in South Asia)
- Bactec NR 730 analyzer for micro culture
- Digital Linear accelerator Clinac 2300 C/D with MLC, micro MLC and portal vision along with CT simulator, dedicated 3D computerised planning system for achieving a high tumour dose and increased cure rate and a low normal tissue dose to reduce toxicity
- Vacutainer System for blood collection
- Holmium laser, thus replacing the surgeons scalpel
- Synchron CX-7 fully automated system for the pick-up, delivery & analysis of the sample and reagent
- Computerised Humphery's perimeter for early diagnosis of glaucoma.
- Digital Subtraction Angiography for cerebral angiography, peripheral and renal angioplasty, biliary drainage and nephrostomy
- Viewing wand navigation system to conduct minimal invasive neurosurgery procedures.
The Firsts to Our Credit
- For the first time in India, awake craniotomy for epilepsy surgery was performed at the hospital
- One of the first hospitals in India to perform laparoscopic gall bladder surgery
- P. D. Hinduja Hospital is one of the first few hospitals in India to perform Cochlear Implantation
- The first hospital in India to start a Pain Management Clinic
- P. D. Hinduja Hospital offers the facility for Therapeutic drug monitoring for the highest number of drugs in the India
- P. D. Hinduja Hospital started the first screening Centre for breast cancer in Mumbai
- P. D. Hinduja Hospital is the first private hospital in Mumbai to perform cadaver kidney transplant & peripheral blood stem cell transplant
- P. D. Hinduja Hospital was the first one in Mumbai to introduce high resolution scanning (HRCT) of the lungs
- P. D. Hinduja Hospital is amongst the first few in Mumbai to introduce MR Angiography and popularize non invasive screening protocols combining colour doppler and MRA for indications like carotid screening
- The first hospital in Mumbai to install Digital Video EEG for recording the electrical events of the brain
- The first hospital in Mumbai to start Home Care, which is a service of nursing care at your doorstep.
- P. D. Hinduja Hospital is the first hospital in India to set up Vulvar Clinic.
- The first hospital in Mumbai, to perform Lung Transplant.
- P. D. Hinduja Hospital was the first multi disciplinary tertiary care hospital to have been awarded the prestigious ISO 9002 Certification from KEMA of Netherlands for Quality Management System.
- P. D. Hinduja Hospital is the first hospital in India to be HACCP certified by DNV, Netherlands. An apex certification for quality, safety and hygiene of food.
- P. D. Hinduja Hospital's laborat