P.D. Hinduja College of Nursing successfully conducting B.Sc. Nursing from 2006.
The College of Nursing is affiliated to Maharashtra University of Health Sciences (MUHS Nashik) and is duly recognized by Indian Nursing Council (INC) and Maharashtra Nursing Council (MNC).
We offer, annually for 30 female candidates, a four year Bachelor of Sciences (B.Sc.) degree program in Nursing. Prior to becoming College of Nursing, the institution had conducted, for over two decades, a recognised General Nursing and Diploma Program (GNM). The graduates of the program over the years have excelled in academics, co-curricular and extra curricular activities and clinical practice.
- Only college with 100% success in all classes
- Many Distinctions and University ranks
- Award of Scholarships to many
- Freeship to needy
- Residential facility at nominal rates
Objectives of B.Sc. Nursing Programme
On completion of the course, our Graduate nurse is able to:
- Apply nursing processes in the care of clients in a variety of setting based on knowledge from physical, biological, behavioural sciences, medical science and nursing itself and function as a Clinical Nurse.
- Develop competence in meeting the health needs of the individual and community in health care delivery system.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills in making decisions in all situations to provide quality health care.
- Utilise latest trends in technology in providing health care.
- Provide promotive, preventive and restorative health services in line with the national health policies and programs.
- Practice within the frame work of Code of Ethics of professionals and conduct an acceptable standard of practice within legal boundaries.
- Communicate effectively with individuals, groups and members of health team.
- Demonstrate skills in teaching individuals and groups in clinical area, community & educational institutions.
- Demonstrate leadership and managerial skills in clinical/community health settings.
- Conduct need based research studies in various settings and utilise research finding to improve the quality of care.
- Develop interest towards advancement of self and profession.
An applicant for admission to First year B.Sc. Nursing shall have
- Attained or shall attain the age of 17 years on the day of admission to the college prescribed by Maharashtra University of Health Sciences.
- Passed 10+2/ Higher Secondary School Certificate Examination of Maharashtra State Board or any other examination recognized as equivalent examination by the University, in Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany, Zoology) and English.
- Be physically and mentally fit for admission.
- Obtained not less than 50% of total marks at the qualifying examination in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English taken together. However the applicant belonging to backward classes must have secured marks as prescribed by competent authority.
College fee is charged as per the Government rules specified from time to time by Shikshan Shulka Samiti (SSS).
B. Sc Nursing Fees (Approved by SSS)
|Tuition Fee||Rs. 57,720/-|
|Development Fee||Rs. 12,280/-|
|Total per annum||Rs. 70,000/-|
College of Nursing is housed at Andheri East (Mumbai), close to the international airport. It is equipped with laboratory facilities. Internet, classrooms, auditorium and a library fully equipped with over 2000 books and journals. Students also have access to the Central Library at PDHNH Library, Mahim. The college has membership with British Council.
Hostel accommodation is available in the campus on payment of Rs. 44000/- year with a refundable caution deposit of Rs. 5000/-. Recreational facilities are also provided in the campus. Ragging is prohibited by law and college considers it as a serious offence and strict disciplinary action will be taken to the extent of expulsion from College (Supreme Court of India in SLP (C) No 24295/2004) on those students found guilty of involving in ragging of any nature.)
Few NRI seats are available.