College of Nursing will have achieved its vision in the next 10 years.
It functions in tune with the philosophy and goals of Hinduja management which is based on the sound principle of "Quality health care for all"
The specific goals of college are to:
- Prepare graduates to assume professional responsibilities as competent nurses and midwives in providing preventive, curative and rehabilitative services
- Prepare nurses who can make independent decisions in nursing situations, protect patient rights and facilitate individuals and groups in pursuit of health, function in the hospital, community nursing services and conduct research studies in the areas of nursing practice. They are also expected to assume the role of teacher, supervisor and manager in Clinical/Community Health Nursing and educational institutions of Nursing.
- Increase intake capacity to 40-50 per year.
- Collaborate with appropriate international universities for post graduate and post diploma program in nursing (Nebraska University)
- Engage the Alumni association to be participating in activities of College and research and to support college.
- Achieve in building and equipping facilities in College of Nursing with leading world class technology
- Formulate a complete procedure manual based on MUHS syllabus and Hinduja Hospital practice.
- Undertake research by faculty and students in generating and disseminating knowledge that the service sector can easily implement
- Integrate the nursing education with nursing service and work as partner to bring about quality in Nursing care and education.
- Achieve NAAC accreditation by 2011-2012.