Medical Education & Research
Research and Education are the two fundamental pillars of continual improvement in patient care delivery.
BD PDHNH Center of Excellence in Clinical Flow Cytometry
Calendar of Programs: 2013
Under this program a pathologist, hematologist or a flow cytometry technologist can apply to spend from one week to a month in the BD-PDHNH CoE as an observer. This will provide the visiting fellow a unique opportunity to learn nuances of clinical flow cytometric assays as they are being performed and reported on routine basis. The program is open for application round the year and fellows will be selected on the basis of merit of their write-up. There is no fee but the fellows would be expected to make their own arrangement for accommodation, travel and food. A training certificate would be awarded to the fellow at the end of the fellowship tenure. For further details, please contact Mr. Ubaldo Barbosa (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Building consensus: Standardizing six-color Leukemia Flow Cytometry
Through this program we intend to formulate a more standardized and reproducible approach to leukemia flow practice across different labs in the country and shorten the learning curve of transition to six-color leukemia panels. Based on results of practice survey e-questionnaire sent to centers routinely doing leukemia flow cytometry, draft-panels will be e-circulated for comments. Eventually a one-day workshop will be held on May 4th, 2013 at PD Hinduja Hospital to finalize the 6-color consensus panel for flow cytometric characterization of acute leukemias and chronic lymphoproliferative disorders. For further details, please contact Dr Kunal Sehgal /Dr Preeti Dharmani (email@example.com).
Workshop on Clinical Applications of Flow CytometryMarch 19 - 22, 2013
In this four-day workshop, we will cover basics and various clinical applications of flow cytometry through a mix of didactic lectures and hands-on wet labs. It is desirable that the participants have a three-months working experience in a clinical flow cytometry lab. For further details, please see supplementary information.
- Day 1: Flow Cytometry basics including Instrument quality control and compensation
- Day 2: TBNK assay (Lymphocyte Subsets - primary immunodeficiency disorders) and HLA-B27 assay
- Day 3: CD34 stem cell enumeration (ISHAGE), and Reticulocyte Count Assay
- Day 4: PNH by FLAER and Platelet Antigen assays
Workshop on Setup and Standardization of Multiparametric Flow CytometryAugust 6th-9th, 2013
Multicolor panels (6-10 colors) are being increasingly employed in clinical flow cytometry particularly for characterization and monitoring of hematological malignancies. A sound understanding of instrument, reagent, sample processing, and data interpretation related variables is required for designing and performing a multicolor experiment. In this four-day workshop, we will illustrate the importance of these variables through a mix of wet labs and tutorials. It is desirable that the participants have a three-months working experience on a BD digital flow cytometer. For further details, please see supplementary information.
- Day 1: Flow Cytometry basics with emphasis on Instrument optics and hardware
- Day 2: PMT Voltage Setup and antibody titration
- Day 3: Compensation and Multicolor panel validation (FMO controls)
- Day 4: Quality Control of a Flow Cytometry lab and Beads used in QC
Flow cytometry: Leukemia and Lymphoma- Case studies and troubleshootersNovember 6, 2013
This workshop will be held as part of the HAEMATOCON 2013 - The 54th Annual Conference of Indian Society of Haematology & Blood Transfusion (ISHBT). For further details and registration please log on to www.haematocon2013.com
- BD FACSCantoTM II (3 laser, 8-color) will be used for the wet labs in the workshop.
- Application forms will be accepted from two months to 15 days prior to the workshop. Candidates will be selected based on their bio-data and write-up. Only four participants will be selected per workshop.
- Tuition fee for each workshop is Rs. 4000/- to be paid by DD to "PD Hinduja National Hospital and MRC" payable at Mumbai.
- Selected participants will be required to make their own travel arrangement to Mumbai.
- Accommodation can be arranged at BD guesthouse on twin-sharing basis on request.
- Lunch and Tea will be provided during the workshops
- For further details, please contact Mr. Ubaldo Barbosa (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Dr. Paresh Jain
Dr. Kunal Sehgal
Download Program Calendar & Application FormDownload
Members of the Institutional Review BoardVersion 1 (June 2008)
* Ex-officio Member
** Outside member
Research Proposal - Budget FormDownload