Honorary Gynaecologist (IVF and Infertility specialist)
Areas of Expertise:
Infertility, Assisted Reproductive Technologies, Embryology and Stem cells
M.D., Ph.D., D.G.O., D.F.P.
Professional Experience and Training:
Undergraduates and postgraduate teaching experience for 25 years at King Edwards Memorial Hospital (KEM Hospital) and Seth G.S. Medical Hospital and College.
Examiner for M.B.B.S., M.D. for several times in Maharashtra, Goa.
Guide for M.Sc and Ph.D. in Applied Biology, University of Bombay.
Editorial Board: The National Medical Journal of India.
Honorary Obstetrician and Gynaecologist (IVF specialist)
Department of Obstetric & Gynaecology.
P. D. Hinduja Hospital & Research centre
Mahim, Mumbai 400 016.
- House Physician(June 1967 to November 1967), Department of Pediatrics, BYL Nair Charitable Hospital, Topiwala National Medical(TNM) College, Bombay.
- House Surgeon (December 1967 to May 1968), Department of Obstetrics And Gynaecology, BYL Nair Charitable Hospital, TNM College, Bombay.
- Registrar ,(June 1968 to November 1968), Department of Chest Diseases and Tuberculosis, BYL Nair Charitable Hospital, TNM College, Bombay.
- Registrar, (December 1968 to November 1969),Preventive and Social Medicine, BYL Nair Charitable Hospital, TNM College, Bombay.
- Registrar, (December 1969 to June 1972) Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, BYL Nair Charitable Hospital, TNM College, Bombay.
- Senior Registrar (June 1972 to November 1973) Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology King Edward Memorial (KEM)Hospital and Seth GS Medical College, Bombay.
- Tutor (December 1973 to March 1976) Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, KEM Hospital and Seth GS Medical College, Bombay.
- Reader (Assistant Professor) (April 1976 to August 1987). Department Of Obstetrics. & Gynaecology of KEM Hospital, Seth GS Medical College, Bombay.
- As a Reader In-Charge of Department of Post Partum Programme from March 1977 to March 1979.
- Professor ( August, 1987 till July, 1991) Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, KEM Hospital, Seth GS Medical College Bombay.
- HONORARY OBSTETRICIAN AND GYNAECOLOGIST (15th July 1991-till date.) Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Jaslok Hospital and Research Centre.
Research and Publications:
Ongoing Research Projects
- Microdeletion of Y chromosomes in males (collaboration with TIFR)
- Sperm function tests and fertilization in vitro.
- Role of Centrosome in fertilizing potential of the sperm. (collaboration with IRR, ICMR).
- Receptive genes in endometrium useful for implantation. (collaboration with IRR, ICMR).
- To establish human embryonic stem (HES) cell lines without mouse embryonic fibroblast feeder layer and to identify factors secreted by MEF layer that prevents differentiation of HES cells in-vitro. National Institute for Research and Reproduction.
- Purification and characterization of human sperm adhesion molecular identified by polyclonal /monoclonal antibodies and their role in infertility.
- Factors regulating endometrial receptivity in nonhuman primate
- Isolation of stem cells for ovaries and testis and many more.
List of Publications:
Contribution to the Books:
Editor of The Book “Assisted Reproductive Technologies, Current Methods and Future Directions” by Oxford University Press, New Delhi, 2001.
On editorial Board “The National Medical Journal Of India”.
Conferences and Seminars:
Invited Lectures and Seminars:
Affiliations to Professional Bodies:
- Life member, Bombay Obstetrics and Gynaecological Society.
- Life member, Indian Association of Gynaecological Endoscopists.
- Life member, Indian Association of Sex Educators, Counsellors and Therapists.
- Life member, Indian Fertility Sterility Society.
- Life member, Indian Society for the study of reproduction and fertility.
- Life member, Federation of Obstetrics and Gynaecological Societies of India.
- Life member, Society of Assisted Reproduction and Infertility.
- Life member, Endocrine Society of India.
- Life member, Association of Medical Consultants.
- Life member, National Association for Voluntary Sterilization of India.
- Member, National Academy of Juvenile and Adolescent Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
- Member, European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology.
- Member, American Society for Reproductive Medicine.
- Member, Indian Medical Association.
- Member, Indian Association of Medical Women.
Awards and Honours:
E-Mail - firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone - (+91) 24447831 / 24447832 / 24451515 / 24447000 / 24447500
For Appointments - 022-39818181/67668181 CLICK HERE