Area Of Interest
Cancer Surgery & Cancer Research with particular focus on molecular biology of cancer and the translation of recent advances from the laboratory to clinical practice.
- M.D. University of London, U.K. Feb 2001
- F.R.C.S. Glasgow 1999
- Diplomate of the National Board, New Delhi, General Surgery, 1988
- Master of Surgery, University of Bombay, 1987
- M.B.B.S., University of Bombay, 1983. Grant Medical College
- Ranked 3rd in the Master of Surgery examination held by the University of Bombay in 1987.
- "Young Scientist Award" at the Sixth Biennial National Cancer Congress of the Indian Society of Oncology, February 1994, Calcutta, for the paper "Pharyngoesophageal segment manometry: its role in determining post-laryngectomy speech."
- ICRETT International Cancer Fellowship (UICC) (Nov-Dec 1994): Project: "Carbon dioxide laser in laryngeal and hypopharyngeal tumours" under the supervision of Professor W. Steiner (Germany).
- Imperial Cancer Research Fund, U.K., Clinical Research Fellowship, 1 Nov 95 - 31 Oct 96.
- Breast Cancer Campaign Fellowship, U.K. Nov 96 - 31 Oct 99.
- Awarded “ Fellow of the International College of Surgeons”, Indian Chapter, 2001.
- “Outstanding Paper Award” at the XVI th Joint Congress of Asia & Pacific Federations & 51st Annual Conference of the International College of Surgeons, November 2005, Mumbai, for the paper “ Familial Medullary Thyroid Cancer and the RET proto-oncogene”.