Area Of Interest
- Exclusive practice of Pediatric Ophthalmology and Squint in adults.
- Refractive errors,
- Botulinum toxin for squint,
- Adjustable squint surgery for adults,
- Pediatric Cataracts, Pediatric Glaucoma, Droopy Eyelid (Ptosis), Lazy Eye (Amblyopia),
- Low Vision Aids (magnifying glasses) in children and adults,
- Tear Duct Obstruction
- Contact Lenses in children and infants
- Eye check for neurologically challenged individuals and those with learning disability
- Consultant Paediatric Ophthalmologist at Wadia Children’s Hospital, Mumbai,
- Fellowship in Pediatric Ophthalmology and Ocular Motility, University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff, UK
- Hybrid fellowship in Strabismus and Cataract at Moorfields Eye Hospital, London, UK
- Fellowship in Strabismus and Pediatric Ophthalmology at Moorfields Eye Hospital, London, UK
- Fellowship in Pediatric Ophthalmology at Royal Children’s Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
- Basic Ophthalmology Training for 4 years at Aravind eye hospital, Madurai
Invited as faculty by ORBIS Flying Eye Hospital (on board the ORBIS DC-10 flight (airplane) for a week long training program to Tanzania, Africa .He delivered 8 lectures and performed 6 operations as part of training the local Pediatric Ophthalmologists
- Member, American Academy of Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus 2008- 2010.
- Member, Bombay Ophthalmology Association
- Member, Maharashtra Ophthalmic Society
- Member, All India Ophthalmology Society
- Sub-editor in Pediatric Ophthalmology for the Indian Journal of Ophthalmology Reviewer, Indian Journal of Ophthalmology since March 2006
- Associate Editor, Bombay Ophthalmic Association Journal (quarterly journal) for 6 months
- Co-investigator in a double blind, prospective trial on "Effect of 'safinamide' on involuntary movements" being conducted at the PD Hinduja hospital, Mumbai since Dec 2006.
- Case report on "Two siblings with Sarcoglycanopathy having progressive lamellar cataracts"
- "Eye as a window to systemic diseases in children", Pediatric Clinic of India (in print).
- Guest editor to a full issue of Pediatric Clinics of India and author of "Pediatric cataracts" in the same issue on "Pediatric Ophthalmology" published in Sept 2008
- "The aetiology and management of long-lasting sixth nerve palsy in ophthalmoplegic migraine" published in Cephalalgia, March 2007;27(3):275-8
- "Does botulinum toxin have a role in the treatment of secondary strabismus" Strabismus. 2005 Jun;13(2):71-3.
- "Management of Fungal Endophthalmitis" Bombay Ophthalmic Association Journal (Oct - Dec 2001)
- Review of recent management of Ptosis Bombay Ophthalmic Association Journal (Oct - Dec 2001)
Conferences and Seminars
- “Stereopsis assessment in children”,Annual Bombay Ophthalmic Conference, October 2009,Mumbai.
- Conducted an Instruction course in “Prescription of glasses in children” at the All India Ophthalmology Society Conference”, Jaipur, Feb 2009.
- Moderator of the squint session of annual Bombay Ophthalmic Association conference held in Mumbai, Sept 2008.
- Poster on “Fresh frozen plasma an alternative treatment for Ligneous conjunctivitis” presented at annual conference of Indian Ophthalmologist association, Bangalore, Feb 2008.
- Lecture on “Evaluation of Squint in Children” at the annual Bombay Ophthalmic Association annual conference ,Mumbai, Sept 2007.
- Lecture on “Eye infections in children” at the annual conference of Pediatric Society of New Bombay,August 2007.
- Video on “Fixation sutures for long standing fixed divergent squints – a new technique” at the All India Ophthalmic Society annual conference,Jan 2007.
- Instruction course on “Strabismus” at the Maharashtra Ophthalmic Association annual conference, Oct 2006.
- Presented a paper on “Botulinum toxin in strabismus”at the annual Bombay Ophthalmic Association annual conference , Mumbai, Sept 2006.
- Poster on “6th Nerve Palsy a presenting feature of Glomus Jugulare tumor” at AAPOS 2004 in Washington DC with Mr John Lee, Moorfields Eye hospital, London.
- Presented the above case report as a paper at the ESA 2004 (European Strabismus Association) in Izmir, Turkey.
- Poster on “Botulinium Toxin in Secondary Squints” (Retrospective study of 500 patients) at AAPOS 2004 in Washington DC with Mr John Lee, Moorfields Eye Hospital, London.
- “Clinical features and management of Ocular Adnexal Langerhans cell Histiocytosis” This paper was presented in part as a free oral paper at The Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists 35th Annual Scientific Congress, Auckland, New Zealand, November 2003.
- Presented a paper on “Periodic Alternating Gaze Deviation” at RANZCO Squint Club Meeting March 2003, Queensland, Australia.
- Tuberculous Uveitis – All India Uveitis Conference 2000, Madurai, India.
- Poster on F.E.V.R. – Tamil Nadu Ophthalmic Association conference in Dec 2000
- “Sturge Webers Syndrome- A series” presented at Grand Rounds in Sept 2000 at Aravind Eye Hospital Madurai, India.
- Video “Special technique of frontalis sling with fascia lata in a case of traumatic ptosis” presented at the All India Ophthalmic Society annual confererence Bangalore, Feb 2008.
- “Unique treatment of Ligneous Conjunctivitis with Autologous fresh frozen plasma as topical medication” as a poster presentation at the All India Ophthalmic Society annual conference held in Bangalore, Feb 2008.