Student Nurses Association (SNA)
The Student Nurses' Association, popularly known as SNA, is a nation-wide organization of nursing students. It was established in 1929 at the time of annual conference of the TNAI in Madras. Ms. L.N. Jean, the Nursing Superintendent of General Hospital, Madras was instrumental in forming this association.
The main purpose of forming the association by TNAI (Trained Nurses Association of India) was to provide vanities to the nursing students to facilitate their all-round development and accredit them to join TNAI as qualified nurses. The purpose has been achieved in a span of 75 years. It is remarkable achievement that the growth of SNA units has been persistent ever since its inception.
SNA is a major source of enrollment of TNAI Life membership.
A wide variety of activities are encouraged at all levels for the SNA members, keeping in view aims and objectives of the association. The diversity of activities are derived from the professional, social, cultural and recreational spheres to strengthen curricular and extracurricular activities of the student nurses.
SNA unit of P.D. Hinduja is an active association formulated in the year 1981 at the beginning of School of nursing.
The aim of the SNA is to provide programs representative of fundamental and current professional interest concerns to nursing students. Membership in SNA aids in the development of the whole person, including the professional role.
- To uphold the dignity and honour of the nursing profession.
- To promote participation in student community affairs.
- To involve the students in intercollegiate sports and cultural activities.
- To promote collaborative relationships with various health organizations.
- To bring out the talents and confidence of the students for the upliftment of self and society.
- To inculcate the value of espirit de corps.
- To develop leadership abilities among the students.
- To improve the students social contacts to enhance professional growth
- a. Professional
- Organization of meetings and conferences
- Maintenance of SNA diary
- Propagation of Nursing Profession
- b. Educational
- Public speaking and writing
- Awards and prizes
- c. Socio cultural and recreational activities
- d. Fund raising
SNA Committee at Hinduja College of nursing SNA Unit
- Prof. Dr. Jaya Kuruvilla - Principal, P.D. Hinduja College of Nursing
- Ms. Alison Biju – Faculty
- Ms. Deepthi Jyotsna - Faculty
SNA Vice President
- Ms. Chloe Cardozo - Final year BSc Nursing Student
- Ms. Jennifer Campbell - Third year BSc Nursing Student
- Ms. Karin Mendonoca - Second year BSc Nursing Student
SNA makeup Incharge
- Ms. Hitanshi Thakur - First year BSc Nursing Student
SNA Cupboard Incharge
- Ms. Merin Ann Reji - First year BSc Nursing Student
SNA Bulletin Board Incharge
- Ms. Dinky Parmar - First year BSc Nursing Student
SNA Camera Incharge
- Ms. Sherin Anthony - First year BSc Nursing Student
SNA Sport Secretary
- Ms. Sterlin Mathai - Second year BSc Nursing Student