The Innovation-Cum-Incubation Centre is instrumental in drawing up the innovation strategy power and in creating roadmaps/action plans for the college. The following is a proposed list of activities that the Centre is envisaged to undertake:
- Technology transfer.
- Entrepreneurship promotion.
- Igniting Youth Innovation.
- Collaboration with industry, other Universities, regional and national stakeholders
- Innovation in curriculum
(Note: put these 5 as link to their page which can also be accessed from the front link of the innovation)
By doing so and by bridging demand-supply gaps, the IC will increase knowledge exploitation while giving birth to:
- Innovations from R&D
- Innovations in business models along with products, services and delivery
- Inclusive solutions for local, regional, national and global needs
- Innovations in curriculum
Technology transfer, also called transfer of technology (TOT), is the process of transferring (disseminating) technology from the places and in-groups of its origination to wider distribution among more people and places.
BUG BATTLE APP
Ms. Janet 2nd year B.Sc student has developed an app "Bug Battle" for clinical preparedness related to Biomedical Waste Management.
HEART CARE APP
Heart care app is a user friendly mobile application developed by Msc second year student, Ms. Shilpa to help the caregivers of children transitional period after cardiac surgery.
IPR-cum-Incubation Centre of P.D. Hinduja College of Nursing is implementing the following projects in different domain areas.
|Lactation Centre||Tranquility Corner|
Domain Area: Health-Targeted Delivery
Domain Area: Complementary Alternate medicine
In marching towards the excellence, one more milestone established at our P.D.Hinduja College of Nursing i.e. "Tranquility Corner". The pioneer is our dear respected Principal Madam Prof. Dr. Jaya Kuruvilla who has inculcated the spirit of Complementary alternative medicine practice in us, motivated us to see the comprehensive approach of treatment of healing.
The Hinduja college of nursing provides platform to students to showcase their innovations and talents through various competitions and programs.
|Concept Map Designing||Mind Booster||Nurse scientist Galore|
|Board Game||Google Doodle|
Collaboration with industry, other Universities, regional and national stakeholders
- Training sessions planned and held for staff nurses in collaboration with Karuna Hospital
- Updates of TB/HIV in collaboration with Bel Air Hospital
- Commencement of Accreditation module through Industry collaboration
- Online Child abuse module
- Preceptor ship
- Outcome focused module
- Skill enhancement program
- Smart study program
- Voyage program
Intellectual property plays an important role in providing a competitive edge to an organization. Institution understands that intangible assets of organization in terms of inventions and brands creation, products are more valuable than its physical assets.
Armed with a vision to become a National Leader among academic health centers of nursing, P.D. Hinduja College of Nursing understand the need to foray untraded paths in nursing profession such as brand creation, development & refinement of product/ standardized tests as well as process pathways formulation.
- Provide conducive environment for development of IP
- Enable the institute to make beneficial use of such developed IP for maximum possible benefits of the creator, the institute & national health sector.
- Prof. Dr. Jaya Kuruvilla
- Ms. Preeti Menezes
In house Faculty
- Ms. Dakshata Nijai
- Ms. Prajakta Hindlekar ( Nursing director, Breach candy Hospital)
- Ms. Blessy Solomon (Manager –Clinical Support Midmark (India) Private Limited
Student Representative (UG & PG)
- UG: Ms. Janet
- PG: Ms. Apoorva
- Celebration of intellectual Property Day
- Designing & implementation of IP module for PG students.
- Organization of Nurse Scientists Galore
- Conduct of Methodological research
- Filing of patents, copyrights
- Collaboration with industry for start up initiatives
- Organization of workshop
Intellectual Property Rights Module
The module will address how today's nurses can use and share information and enhance their educational offerings without infringing upon copyright protections.
- 4 weeks (15hrs)
- B.Sc & M.sc Nursing students
- E-Certificate will be given to those who register and write the exam and score greater than or equal to 40% final score.