Storing your sperm may enable you to use them for treatment in the future. You may want to consider freezing your sperm if:
- you have a condition, or are facing medical treatment for a condition, that may affect your fertility
- you are about to have a vasectomy
- the quality of your sperm is deteriorating
- you have difficulty producing a sample on the day of fertility treatment
- you are at risk of injury or death (eg, you're a member of the Armed Forces who is being deployed to a war zone)
- you are about to undergo a sex change operation.