Area Of Interest
Arthroscopic Surgery Including Arthroscopic Ligament Reconstructions, Articular Cartilage Transplants using the Mosaicplasty technique.
Over 20 years of practicing as an exclusive Arthroscopic Surgeon, he has performed over 8000 Arthroscopic Surgeries of the knee, shoulder, ankle and the elbow,He also runs the Arthroscopic services for all the Municipal Hospitals in Mumbai. He has extensive experience in managing ligament injuries of the knee. With over 1200 Arthroscopic ACL Reconstructions, he is vastly experienced in PCL Reconstructions and Articular Cartilage Transplants using the Mosaicplasty technique as well. He has pioneered cadaveric training for Arthroscopy in various training workshops.
- Total Teaching Experience as recognized by University of Bombay: 8 years.
- Teacher for DNB Candidates at K B Bhabha Hospital, Bandra, Mumbai:2years
- Total Clinical Experience (excluding internship): 29 years.
- Visiting Fellow with Dr Lanzlo Hangody for “Mosaicplasty”, Budapest,1999
- Visiting fellow ,Berne Hospital with Dr Andreas Staehlin for Posterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction,2001
- Visiting Fellow ,Insall, ScottKelly Institute for Sports Medicine, Beth Israel North Hospital NY, New York,1995
- Visiting Fellow, Hospital For Joint Diseases NY. NY.for Arthroscopic Surgery,1991
- Reader, LTMG Hospital, Mumbai, Aug88-Jul89
- Lecturer, LTMG Hospital, Mumbai, Sept84-Aug88
- A.M.O., Cooper Hospital, Mumbai,Sept83-Sept84
- House Surgeon, Seth G.S Medical College and KEM Hospital, Parel,Mar81-Aug81
- House Surgeon, Cooper Hospital, Mumbai,Sept80-Feb81
- House Surgeon, Seth G.S Medical College and KEM Hospital, Parel,Mar80-Aug80
- Bilateral discoid medial menisci with abnormal attachment to the Anterior Cruciate Ligament-a case report: Acta Orthopaedica Scandinavica 1999;
- Mucoid degeneration of the Anterior Cruciate Ligament,Feb 2004,
- Arthroscopy: The Journal of Arthroscopic and related surgery.
- An anatomic study of the popliteofibular ligament,International Orthopedics.
- Internal fixation of Thoraco-lumbar fractures, Indian Practitioner,July1988
- Valgus Reduction in treatment of intracapsular fractures of the neck of femur: Clinical Orthopedic India:No.1 1987
- Knee Ligament Injuries in sports : Indian Practitioner: Dec 1988
- Scope of arthroscopy in sports :Indian Practitioner:Dec 1988
Papers Presented At conferences
- “Mucoid degeneration of ACL”, Wiroc 2001
- “Cadaveric study of ACL insertion sites” ,WIROC 1997
- Arthroscopic Arthrolysis,WIROC 1995
- Arthroscopic ACL Reconstruction -Review of 25 cases, WIROC 1995
- Arthroscopic treatment for patellar subluxations, WIROC 1993-94
- Arthroscopy in the treatment of lateral condylar fractures, WIROC 1993-94
- Arthroscopy in Acute Knee Injuries, MSOA Jalgaon,1991-92
- 50 cases of spinal trauma: surgically treated, Madras 1988
- Internal Fixation of Thoraco-Lumbar Fractures, MSOA, Nagpur 1988
- “Internal Fixaton of Thoraco-Lumbar Fractures” a review of 35 cases,IOA,1987
- “Scope of Arthroscopic Surgery”, Staff Research Society Meeting ,LTMG 1987
- “Rolled Fence Rib Graft”,for Inter-body Fusion: Goa 1987
- Drug trial on the efficacy of Acetoaminophen/Ibuprofen combination
- “BoneScrew”Varanasi Conference.
- “Footwear”Nagpur conference 1984
Conferences And Seminars
- “Role of Arthroscopy in Intra-articular injuries” ,WIROC, 1998-99
- “Arthroscopy in Lateral condylar Fractures”, MSOA 1997-98
- “Biomechanics of Spine” 1st. ASSI Conference, Bombay 1987-88
- Has held Arthroscopy workshops in Mumbai every year for the last eight years.
Has held International Arthroscopy workshop,LTMG Hospital for WIROC,1993-1994.
- Convener,Arthroscopic Workshop,Dec 1997 as a pre-conference activity.
- Faculty member for Indian Arthroscopy Society meets for the last 5 yrs in succession.
- Advanced Arthroscopic techniques in other joints: Posterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction using double bundle hamstring grafts.
- Double bundle ACLReconstruction.