Heart Valve Clinic
The human heart is a composite organ that supplies oxygen rich blood from the heart to the body. It has four chambers and four valves which ensure blood flows in a designated direction only. The four valves in the heart are the Tricuspid Valve, the Pulmonary Valve, the Mitral Valve and the Aortic Valve. In heart valve disease, one or more of the valves in your heart don't open or close properly causing the blood flow through your heart to your body to be disrupted. Heart valve disease may be present at birth (congenital). It can also occur in adults due to many causes and conditions, such as infections and other heart conditions.
The Heart Valve Clinic is a unique initiative by P.D. Hinduja National Hospital, the very first of its kind in our country, to offer comprehensive diagnosis and treatment for all heart valve related issues. The clinic has been conceptualized by leading cardio-thoracic surgeons and cardiologists of this hospital, who have a combined experience of more than fifty years in this field.
P. D. Hinduja Hospital Heart Valve is one stop solution for all Heart Valve Problems and is the first of its kind in the country.
- It offers complete Heart Valve care including diagnosis, all types of treatments from repair to replacement, Non-Surgical to Surgical, and follow up services.
- You get a single combined opinion of cardiologists, cardiac surgeons and radiologists for best personalized treatment.
- You are in safe hands of the most experienced Cardiologists and Cardiac Surgeons, specialised in Heart Valve Treatment. Our cardiac surgeons have successfully conducted amongst the maximum number of Heart Valve treatments in the country.
- Our skilled and experienced radiologists perform all diagnostics tests with utmost accuracy, which is essential to determine the best treatment option for you.
- The clinic has the latest state-of-art technology for all diagnostic tests, procedures and treatment.
- We are with you in your entire treatment journey, assuring you of a smooth and convenient experience. You have access a dedicated clinic coordinator and helpline number for your support and guidance.
Symptoms of Heart Valve Diseases
You should seek appointment with our heart valve clinic if you experience any of the following symptoms:
- Chest pain
- Swelling of your ankles and feet
- Irregular heartbeat
- Abnormal sound (heart murmur) when a doctor is listening to the heart beating with a stethoscope
- Shortness of breath, particularly when you have been very active or when you lie down
Symptoms may vary with the type of heart valve disease. It may be noted that some people with minor heart valve disease might not experience symptoms for many years, so it is advisable to get a basic heart check done regularly.
- Aortic stenosis
- Aortic regurgitation
- Mitral stenosis
- Mitral regurgitation
- Tricuspid regurgitation
- Pulmonary stenosis
- For patients with comorbidities and patients who have had multiple procedures are not good surgical candidates
- Conventional (traditional) open heart valve surgery
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Hybrid procedure (minimally invasive valve surgery with simultaneous percutaneous intervention)
- Percutaneous Mitral Valve Repair
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR)
- Left Atrial Appendage/Closure
- Balloon Valvuloplasty
- Left Atrial Appendage Ligation/Closure
Tuesday: 15.00hrs – 17.00hrs
Dr. Kaushal Pandey
Consultant - Cardiovascular Surgeon
M.S., M. Ch., F.A.C.A., F.I.S.C., F.I.A.C.S.
Dr. Deepak Naphade
Consultant - Cardio-Vascular Surgeon
MBBS, MS, M.Ch, F.I.A.C.S
Dr. C. K. Ponde
Senior Consultant - Cardiologist & Head, Department of Non-Invasive Cardiology
M.D. (Gen. Med), D.M. (Card), D.N.B. (Card) FACC (USA), FSCAI (USA) FCSI, FISE, FICC, FIAE
Dr. Sudhir Pillai
Consultant - Cardiology
M.B.B.S,M.D,DM,D.N.B,Fellow ship in Interventional Cardiology, Australia
Dr. Navneet Kumar
Consultant - Cardiologist
Dr. Rajesh Rajani
Consultant Coronary Interventionist
M.D, D.M, Fellow (Interventional Cardiology)