The Laboratory at P. D. Hinduja Hospital & Medical Research Centre is a fully serviced, reference laboratory, offering more than 1,000 tests across the full spectrum of healthcare sub specialties. Known for its accuracy and reliability, the state-of-the-art, high quality laboratory provides clinically impactful pathology and diagnostic services combined with readily available consultation with experienced pathologists. Over 10 million tests are processed at the laboratory every year.
Patients have chosen P. D. Hinduja Hospital & Medical Research Centre Laboratory as their reference laboratory because of our emphasis on patient care, quality results, client service and the value provided by our in-house laboratory consultants.
At P. D. Hinduja Hospital Laboratory, we are sensitive to the fact that our results and interpretations can be pivotal in a patient's life.
The P. D. Hinduja Hospital & Medical Research Centre Laboratory's experienced and committed teams of consultants, medical technologists, administrators, quality assurance team and supporting staff are internationally trained to utilize cutting-edge technology and effective automation.
The Quality Cell at P. D. Hinduja Laboratory monitors the overall quality standard laid upon by the accreditation bodies. The Quality Control (QC) monitoring is implemented at all 3 stages i.e. pre-analytical, analytical and post analytical.
The laboratory staff periodically undertake the CAP's competency module certification, ensuring that they are abreast of the latest quality standards.
The hospital lab is a high end fully automated bi directionally interfaced, deploying state-of-the-art technology including TMS and Malditof. It has a Sound Laboratory Information System to ensure smooth flow of samples and faster turnaround times. The hospital was the first in the country to introduce vacutainers way back in 1988, to ensure zero contamination while collection and transportation of samples.
The blood bank has 'Blood Gamma Irradiator' with a long half-life gamma-emitting source(cesium 137). Irradiation of blood products takes 4-5 minutes. This is particularly helpful for patients undergoing transplant, Hodgkins lymphoma, direct transfusion from first degree relatives, those received purine analogues, etc.
- Tandem Mass Spectrophotometer - AB Sciex
- Flow cytometer
- lmmulite 2000 Xpi
- Cobas lntegra
- Unicel DXc 800 - Beckman
- Automated Slide stainer
- Blood lrradiator
- Clinical Biochemistry
- Molecular Biology
- Lab facility for Clinical Trials
- Clinical Pathology
- Histopathology & Cytology
- TDM & Toxicology
- Transfusion Medicine & HLA services
- lmmunoHistochemistry & lmmunofluorescence
- Laboratory Support to Research & Clinical Trials Projects
- NAT Testing & Apheresis Procedures
- New Assay Development
- New Technology Evaluation & Validations
- R&D Services
- Contract Research (Clinical & Bio-technological)
- Emphasis on patient care, accurate and reliable results, client service and the value provided by our motto 'Quality Healthcare for All'
- Internationally accredited facility for medical laboratories, meeting global standards with uncompromised accuracy and state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Over 10 million tests processed at laboratory every year
- Faster turnaround times, as per international standards
- Frequent, open and consistent communication with clients. Direct client access to our lab consultants.
- Laboratory Information Management System ensures high standards of data integrity
- Quality control systems through internal Quality Control process and participation in external Proficiency Testing Programs
- Convenient Servicing - Doorstep sample pick up, convenient billing and report delivery over email and courier
- Regarded as a reference lab by many other laboratories and collection agencies
- Expertise in execution of complex projects according to GLP guidelines using innovative equipment
- Qualified and experienced laboratory personnel and management teams
- Most Advanced Technology
- Red cell antibody screening & identification
- RH-KELL phenotype
- Red cell antigen Studies other than RH-KELL
- Red cell antibody elution studies
- Inline leucodepleted Red blood cell component
- HLA ABDR-PCR - SSO
- HLA CLASS I ABC By PCR-SSO
- HLA ClASS II DR/DQ by PCR-SSO
- HLA DSA cross-match
- New Tests
- CBC without Differential
- IPF (Immature Platelet Fraction)
- CBC with Retic & IPF
Microbiology & Serology:
P. D. Hinduja Hospital Mahim in Mumbai has set up an advanced regional mycology l ab with ICMR support. We are providing the following services
- Aspergillus galactomannan BAL and serum
- Beta D glucan serum
- Cryptococcus antigen CSF and serum Lateral flow assay
- CSF for India Ink
- Anti-fungal susceptibility yeast (VITEK)
- Culture fungus
- ID Yeast VITEK
- PJP (PCP ) PCR
- Referral isolate ID yeast by MALDI TOF
- Referral ID for molds by MALDI TOF
- Sensititre MIC for fungal (aspergillus/yeast) susceptibility
- Smear fungal
- Anti-fungal drug levels for posaconazole, voriconazole and itraconazole
Other New Tests:
- Respiratory panel by PCR array - 20 pathogens
- Blood culture panel by PCR array 27 targets
- Gastrointestnal panel by PCR array 23 pathogens
- Meningitis encephalitis panel by PCR array 17 pathogens
- (Cost Rs.10,500 each)
- MIC for Nocardia species
- EXpert Clostridium Difficile
- ID Bacteria Vitek
- ID Yeast Vitek
- TB MGIT DST (KACO)
- BK Virus
- TB DST CEMP
- Screening for CRE
- HSV 1 and HSV2 PCR
- HBV viral load
- HCV viral load
- CMV viral load
- GeneXpert MTB/ RIF
- LPA : MTB MDR( I & R )
- MTB Second line (FLQ & SLI)
The following instructions are to be followed:
- CSF sample should be sent in sterile container.
- Blood culture ID will be done from a positive blood culture bottle.
- Stool sample should be sent in Cary Blair medium and in sterile container.
- Cary Blair medium can be procured from Microbiology lab.
- Respiratory samples Nasopharyngeal/throat swab should be sent in viral transport medium which can be procured from Microbiology lab.
The Turn around time would be 1 working day.
Department of Lab Medicine: