Psychologist & Counsellor
MSc Health psychology(King's college London) Post graduate diploma in counselling psychology (St.Xaviers College, Mumbai), Diploma in cognitive behaviour hypnotherapy( Uk College of hypnosis and Hypnotherapy,London)
Psychologists provide clinical / counselling assistance to treat mental, behavioral and emotional disorders. Clinical psychology is one of the largest specialty areas within psychology. Psychologists apply science in their area of work to treat complex and human problems.
- Eating disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Personality disorders
The treatment by a clinical psychologist begins the moment a patient accepts his/her problem. More often than not, people who have psychological problems deny the existence of the same and avoid medications leading to worsening of the mental state. The treatment involves psychotherapy to work on emotional and behavioral aspects of an individual.
Common treatment for psychological disorders include:
- Talk therapy in solo or group
- Antidepressant medications to improve moods
- Behavioral therapy to work on thought patterns and behavior
- Antianxiety medications
- Mood-stabilizing medications
- Psychodynamic therapy to work on discovering and understanding past issues and their relationship to current thoughts and behaviors
- Support groups