Why P. D. Hinduja Hospital?
P. D. Hinduja Hospital & Medical Research Centre, which started off as a clinic in 1951, is today ranked as one of the leading multi-specialty tertiary care hospital in the country, providing “Quality Healthcare for All” for over seven decades. It has been widely acknowledged and known for providing world class, ethical, value based medical care, with a warm, empathetic approach and a human touch, which is critical to the process of healing.
The hospital lays emphasis on development of Clinical Practice, Academics and Research – three important pillars of healthcare. Providing the best medical care are the hospital’s nationally and internationally acclaimed doctors. The hospital was the first in Mumbai to introduce the full-time hospital based consultant model. It is also one of the largest private academic hospitals in the country with a robust research wing. In academics, the hospital runs DNB courses in 26 Specialties; M.Sc. and PhD in Research; a Nursing College and Allied Health Sciences courses.
Today, the hospital is one of the leading multispecialty hospitals in India and has consistently been bestowed with several Best Multi-Specialty Hospital awards by different industry bodies.
Since inception, the hospital has been providing free or concessional medical care and surgical treatment to the poor and needy. It also runs the Serve with Passion rural health program, under which free healthcare services are provided to the tribal areas in Maharashtra. To know more about our charitable initiatives and how you can help, click here.
Hinduja Hospital at a Glance:
- Established in association with Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH)
- 520 beds, 20% beds reserved for charity
- 300+ Consultants; More than 800+ nurses & 3600 employees treating more than 1 Lakh patients annually
- 15 state-of-the-art Operation Theatres
- Approx. 10,000 Surgeries, 2 Lakh Outpatient Visits and 34,000 Inpatient Admissions done annually
- More than 11 Lakh Lab Tests & 1.3 Lakh Imaging / Nuclear Medicine Investigations performed annually
- Fleet of 12 Mobile Health Units (MHUs) covering 47 villages in rural Maharashtra
The hospital has been at the forefront adopting new medical services for patient care. P. D. Hinduja Hospital is
- The first in India, to perform awake craniotomy for epilepsy surgery
- One of the first hospitals in India to perform laparoscopic gall bladder surgery
- One of the first few hospitals in India to perform Cochlear Implantation
- The first hospital in India to start a Pain Management Clinic
- Offering the facility for Therapeutic drug monitoring for the highest number of drugs in the India
- The first to start Full Time hospital based Consultant model in Mumbai
- The first to start screening Centre for breast cancer in Mumbai
- The first private hospital in Mumbai to perform cadaver kidney transplant & peripheral blood stem cell transplant
- The first one in Mumbai to introduce high resolution scanning (HRCT) of the lungs
- Amongst the first few in Mumbai to introduce MR Angiography and popularize non- invasive screening protocols combining colour doppler and MRA for indications like carotid screening
- The first hospital in Mumbai to install Digital Video EEG for recording the electrical events of the brain
- The first hospital in Mumbai to start Care@Home & Short Stay Services
- The first hospital in India to set up Vulvar Clinic
- The first hospital in Maharashtra to have a well-established "The Drug and Poison Information Center (DPIC)"
- First in western Region Hospital to have NAT Blood Testing facility
Quality and Safety have always been the center of whatever we do at P. D. Hinduja Hospital. The hospital religiously followed and demonstrated this philosophy for over seven decades and pledges to continue to do so in the future
- The hospital has on board the best of doctors, nurses, managers and other support staff. It follows stringent standards to hire the best professionals.
- The hospital has been amongst the first to acquire several accreditations, that vouch for its quality and safety commitment.
- It has always been a pioneer in adopting new technology, so provide the safe and best treatment to all patients.
- The hospital is regarded as a major referral centre for complex cases in key specialties like Oncology, Neurology, Cardiology, ENT, Pulmonology, Rheumatology, Gastroentrology.
- Our facility for inpatients is separate from that for out-patients to avoid intermingling.
- The hospital follows the best international medical protocols and clinical pathways.
- The hospital has institutionalized several quality initiatives like Lean Six Sigma and 5S projects.
- Holds annual events like quality & safety week, fire safety week, quality forums to sensitize all staff to the significance of quality.
- The hospital has been bestowed with several awards over the years by various industries for its commitment to providing quality healthcare.