Dr. Kishor Sathe
Consultant - Emergency Medicine
MBBS, MRCEM, UK
Dr. Khusrav Bajan
Consultant - Physician & Intensivist, Department of Medicine and Critical Care
M.D, European Diploma In Intensive Care (EDIC)
Emergency department (Casualty) at P. D. Hinduja Hospital is a State-of-the-art unit comprising of highly skilled and efficient team of specialists, emergency doctors and well trained nursing staff, equipped to respond to patients who need immediate and prompt medical care in all types of emergencies.
This is a round-the-clock service with 24x7 accesses to modern operation theatres, a 24-hour pharmacy, imaging services and stat laboratory services assisting in immediate and accurate diagnosis for immediate treatment of the patient's condition.
The department follows the most modern and widely accepted standard operating procedures and clinical pathways for treatment and stabilization of patients that have suffered from stroke, cardiac issues, abdominal emergencies and any other emergency situations.
The department also serves as Level – 3 trauma centre and caters to average 21000 emergency cases annually. It is designed to handle emergency patients in times of disaster as well as natural calamities.
- 8 beds ( 6 beds + 2 Negative Pressure Isolation Beds) with standardized equipment's like defibrillator, multipara monitors, ventilator, central oxygen and suction facility, crash cart with emergency lifesaving drugs.
- Attached Minor OT with anaesthesiology equipment for performing emergency procedures.
- 24x7 on call support from various specialties including neurosciences, musculoskeletal, urology, cardiology, surgery, gastroenterology, paediatrics etc.
- The department is supported round the clock by portable digital DR X-Ray, Ultrasound, 64 Slice VCT, 2 MRI machines (1.5 T & 3 T), blood bank, stat laboratory and pharmacy.
- Two independent ‘safe’ rooms , with negative pressure and heppa filter oxygen, ventilator facility etc.to treat people with communicable diseases like covid, tuberculosis and other viral diseases
- Two triage rooms for patients coming to casualty at the hospital
- 24x7 ambulance services comprising of two ambulances. One is state-of-the-art advanced care ambulance and other is the basic ambulance.
- Advanced care ambulance, meant for transportation of unstable patients, is equipped with defibrillator, multipara monitor, ventilator, oxygen, suction, scoop stretcher, spine board, head immobilizer, spencer trolley stretcher, emergency drugs etc.
- This ambulance is manned by ACLS / BLS trained doctors, nurses along with trained drivers and attendants.
- Basic ambulance, equipped with oxygen, is meant for transportation of stable patients. It is manned by skilled attendants and drivers.