Dr. Zarir F. Udwadia
Consultant - Chest Physician
MD, DNB, FRCP (London), FCCP (USA)
Dr. Lancelot Mark Pinto
Consultant Pulmonologist and Epidemiologist
MBBS, DNB (Respiratory Medicine), MSc (Epidemiology - McGill University, Canada), Fellow (Sleep medicine and COPD Rehabilitation - McGill University, Canada), FCCP (USA), ECFMG certified (USA)
The Pulmonary Medicine department provides an active diagnostic and therapeutic service to the hospital that covers the entire spectrum of respiratory disorders. In addition to in-patients and ICU patients, OPDs are conducted daily. A state-of-the-art lung function laboratory assesses PFT of at least 30 patients daily. The department also runs specialized clinics like Smoking Cessation Clinic and Sleep Study Lab.
Common diseases treated by pulmonologists include asthma, chronic obstructive lung disease (COPD), emphysema, lung cancer, interstitial and occupational lung diseases, complex lung and pleural infections including tuberculosis, pulmonary hypertension, and cystic fibrosis.
- Sleep studies (Polysomnography)
- Assessment for domiciliary non-invasive ventilatory support
- Bronchoscopy service including BAL
- Transbronchial lung biopsies and Wang-needle biopsies
- Complete pulmonary (lung) function testing
- PFT machine : A test that gives results about how well are the lungs functioning
- Bronchoscopy : A scope that can examine airway for any obstruction, infection or issues
- BIPAP (bi-level positive airway pressure) machine : A machine that helps in easy breathing for people with respiratory issues
- Endobronchial ultrasound (Ebus) : An ultrasound attached bronchoscope that is used to examine different types of lung disorders including cancer and infections.