Dr. Nitin K. Shah
Section Head - Pediatrics, Consultant - Pediatric Haemato-Oncology
The Department of Pediatrics at P. D. Hinduja Hospital offers a comprehensive range of medical treatments to children and adolescents. It is a multifaceted Department with well-developed sub-speciality services for children in Neurology, Epilepsy and Developmental Pediatrics, Hematology-Oncology including Bone Marrow Transplant, Gastroenterology-Hepatology, Intensive care, Nephrology, Learning Disability.
The pediatric consultants at our hospital have expertise and experience in treating rare and complex pediatric diseases. This vast experience helps to offer the best possible solution for your child’s needs. Here, a team of doctors from different specialties come together to work together for a holistic approach.
The section of Pediatrics has state-of-the-art modern equipment, supported by a well-equipped PICU with facilities for ventilation managed primarily by Pediatric Care Intensivist and skilled general Pediatricians as well.. The PICU/NICU area is well equipped for life support. We have ultramodern equipments and infrastructure on par with international standards. The neurology department is fully equipped with video EEG, portable EEG, and we use these facilities in the Pediatric department all the time for our patients. Other facilities include:
- Fully equipped separate NICU + PICU
- Individual thermo regulated environment per child
- Life support for the smallest new born and upto 18 years
- Specially trained nurses for newborns and children
- Postgraduate residents on call 24*7
- Full time intensivist in charge
- Infection control programme according to HIS + CDC guidelines
- Best practice guidelines & protocolised care followed according, to national and International guidelines
- Morbidity and mortality comparable to international PICU and available for review
- Renal Replacement Therapy including CVVH
Some of the sub-specialties under pediatrics include :