Dr. Vrajesh Udani
Consultant - Pediatric Neurologist
MBBS, M.D (Pediatrics), Diplomate of American Board of Neurology with Special competence in Child Neurology, Diplomate of the American Board of Clinical Neurophysiology
Pediatric Neurology is a specialized branch of medicine that deals with the diagnosis and treatment of neurological conditions of children, infants and adolescents. It encompasses diseases and disorders of the spinal cord, brain, peripheral nervous system, autonomic nervous system, muscles and blood vessels. The conditions dealt with by pediatric neurologists vary considerably, from relatively simple disorders such as migraine or cerebral palsy through to more complex and rare conditions such as metabolic disease or neurodegenerative disorders. Pediatric neurologists act as consultants to primary care physicians, who may refer children to the neurologists for specialist care.
This is specialized out-patient program designed to support recovery and adaption to changes owing to injury or diseases affecting the brain or spinal cord. The objective is achieve the highest level of recovery in a compassionate and friendly environment.
- Genetic diseases of the nervous system
- Congenital metabolic abnormalities that affect the nervous system
- Congenital birth defects affecting the brain and spinal cord
- Neurological developmental problems
- Febrile seizures
- Cerebral palsy
- Progressive neuromuscular conditions such as muscular dystrophy
- Abnormal mental development, speech disabilities, and learning disabilities
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Behavioral disorders such as attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
- Headaches and migraine
- Hydrocephalus or excess fluid build-up in the brain
- Head injuries and their complications
- Brain tumors
- Hospice and palliative medicine
- Neuromuscular medicine
- Sleep disorders
- Vascular neurology
- Intellectual disabilities
- Auditory brainstem implant.
- Awake brain surgery.
- Botox injections.
- Brain rehabilitation.
- Carotid angioplasty and stenting.
- Carotid endarterectomy.
- Concussion testing.
- Deep brain stimulation.
Comprehensive Epilepsy Treatment Centre:
Epilepsy affects 6 out of every 1000 children in India. Appropriate diagnosis and timely treatment with proper antiepileptic drugs is the first step towards managing epilepsy. The ketogenic diet and epilepsy surgery are two very important modalities used to treat refractory drug resistant epilepsy. Complete presurgical workup is performed by our team, following which surgery is offered in indicated patients. The workup includes telemetry (VideoEEG), neuroimaging and functional imaging studies.
The EMG labs offer various neurophysiology services like BERA, VEP, ERG, SSEP and Nerve Conduction studies. EEG, VideoEEG and Sleep studies are performed at the EEG lab and in the inpatient wards.