- The Founder
- The Inspiration
- Hinduja Through the Ages
- Our Guiding Principles
- Board of Management
- Super Achievers
Dr. Vinay Ramchandra Joshi
Consultant Rheumatologist and Director, Research M. D. (Internal Medicine), FICP (India)
We take pride in our time tested tradition of bringing the best of international patient care practices home...FIRST
Experience Enriches Knowledge
- Over 3 million out patients treated successfully
- 175 thousand In-patients treated for high-end tertiary care
- Executives have undergone preventive health checks
- Over a 1.0 million surgeries & scopies performed
- Over 1.0 million radiological investigations performed
- Over 7.5 million laboratory investigations to date
Pioneer in Application of Technology
P. D. Hinduja Hospital was the first in India to acquire.....
- The Twin Speed MRI, a revolutionary technology in neurovascular and cardiology imaging.
- The Gamma Camera / PET Scan redefines treatment in cancer management, orthopaedics, neurology and cardiology.
- Gamma Knife, a gold standard in radio surgery, a non invasive surgical tool (first such unit in South Asia)
- Bactec NR 730 analyzer for micro culture
- Digital Linear accelerator Clinac 2300 C/D with MLC, micro MLC and portal vision along with CT simulator, dedicated 3D computerised planning system for achieving a high tumour dose and increased cure rate and a low normal tissue dose to reduce toxicity
- Vacutainer System for blood collection
- Holmium laser, thus replacing the surgeons scalpel
- Synchron CX-7 fully automated system for the pick-up, delivery & analysis of the sample and reagent
- Computerised Humphery's perimeter for early diagnosis of glaucoma.
- Digital Subtraction Angiography for cerebral angiography, peripheral and renal angioplasty, biliary drainage and nephrostomy
- Viewing wand navigation system to conduct minimal invasive neurosurgery procedures.
The Firsts to Our Credit
- For the first time in India, awake craniotomy for epilepsy surgery was performed at the hospital
- One of the first hospitals in India to perform laparoscopic gall bladder surgery
- P. D. Hinduja Hospital is one of the first few hospitals in India to perform Cochlear Implantation
- The first hospital in India to start a Pain Management Clinic
- P. D. Hinduja Hospital offers the facility for Therapeutic drug monitoring for the highest number of drugs in the India
- P. D. Hinduja Hospital started the first screening Centre for breast cancer in Mumbai
- P. D. Hinduja Hospital is the first private hospital in Mumbai to perform cadaver kidney transplant & peripheral blood stem cell transplant
- P. D. Hinduja Hospital was the first one in Mumbai to introduce high resolution scanning (HRCT) of the lungs
- P. D. Hinduja Hospital is amongst the first few in Mumbai to introduce MR Angiography and popularize non invasive screening protocols combining colour doppler and MRA for indications like carotid screening
- The first hospital in Mumbai to install Digital Video EEG for recording the electrical events of the brain
- The first hospital in Mumbai to start Home Care, which is a service of nursing care at your doorstep.
- P. D. Hinduja Hospital is the first hospital in India to set up Vulvar Clinic.
- The first hospital in Mumbai, to perform Lung Transplant.
- P. D. Hinduja Hospital was the first multi disciplinary tertiary care hospital to have been awarded the prestigious ISO 9002 Certification from KEMA of Netherlands for Quality Management System.
- P. D. Hinduja Hospital is the first hospital in India to be HACCP certified by DNV, Netherlands. An apex certification for quality, safety and hygiene of food.
- P. D. Hinduja Hospital's laboratory is the first hospital laboratory in India and SAARC countries to be accredited by College of American Pathologists. It is the best Laboratory Accreditation Program which is useful for demonstrating and improving quality. It certifies that the lab is committed to quality patient care and achieving excellence.
- P. D. Hinduja Hospital became the second hospital in Mumbai to receive the NABH accreditation. The accreditation helps P. D. Hinduja Hospital to benchmark with International quality, providing world-class quality services to its patients.
- P. D. Hinduja Hospital received ISO 27001: 2005 Information Security Certification. It helps the hospital in implementation of effective information management system which ensures information security and systematic approach to managing sensitive hospital information.
- We provide charity to 20% of our patients, spending approx. INR 80 million for this purpose, every year.
- We ensure equal care and service to the "Charity" and "Paying" patients without discrimination in our OPDs and Wards.
- P. D. Hinduja Hospital's 'Serve with Passion' Rural Health Program won the Excellence Award in the CSR Project category, in it's first year of operation; at Healthcare Management Asia Awards 2012.