- P.D.Hinduja Hospital & Medical Research Centre's Department of Neurosurgery offers an international fellowship program for young neurosurgeons from across the world.
- During the fellowships, the fellows have an opportunity to not only observe, but also have direct patient contact, including assisting in neurosurgical procedures (International Fellows would require to have a temporary registration from the Indian Medical Council). They get hands-on exposure to a whole spectrum of the latest, state-of-the-art neurosurgical techniques, including acoustic neuroma surgery, skull base surgery, cerebrovascular surgery, neuro-oncology, pituitary surgery, neuro-endoscopy, minimally invasive neurosurgery, gamma knife radiosurgery, peripheral nerve surgery and more.
- Department of Neurosurgery, P. D. Hinduja Hospital & Medical Research Centre.
- Fellows are trained under supervision of Dr. B.K. Misra, Head - Department of Neurosurgery and Gamma Knife Radiosurgery
- World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies (WFNS)
- P. D. Hinduja Hospital is the only centre in India and one of the 20 centre's in the world to offer this postgraduate training in neurosurgery.
- P.D.Hinduja Hospital's Dept. of Neurosurgery is recognized as an Education Centre for Skull based surgery.
- 2 sponsored fellowship per year.
- There is selection procedure along with WFNS Foundation.
- Please note that currently the enrolment of fellows is full till 2018. We will open admissions in 2018 for subsequent years.
- Besides free sponsorship, paid enrolment is also possible.
- Each fellowship is for 3 months
- Fellows are paid a stipend of INR 60,000 per month and also provided complementary accommodation and cafeteria food.
Excellent exposure, great techniques to minimize complications.The staff are very co-operative.- Dr. Rajendra Shrestha , Nepal
World class neurosurgery team, warm and friendly work environment. I recommend great involvement of future trainer in the following areas – OPD, on call duty, ward rounds, OT and research. Thank you all for the opportunity of meeting you.- Dr. Ulhenna Ajoku, Nigeria
Good experience to a wide variety of Neurosurgical Pathology. Good mentor ship and excellent surgical technique with friendly hospital environment. Thank you for the opportunity, Hinduja Hospital is much appreciated.- Dr. Benjamin Okanga, Kenya
A an operating neurosurgeon, my focus was on improving my operative skills by Dr Misra sir, I have certainly learnt a lot by watching an expert neurosurgeon operate.- Dr. J Kumar, Goa